These scones are wonderfully soft and delicious. Try them with your favorite tea and add some homemade jams and jellies
Nestle Inn Scottish Scones
1 3/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup raisins, dates or dried cherries
5 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
2 tsp orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Add butter into flour mixture and mix well until mixture is crumbly. Stir in dried fruit.
3. Mix together milk, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Pour all at once into dry ingredients, and stir gently until well blended. Do not overwork.
4. With floured hands, pat scone dough into balls, depending on what size you want. Place onto a parchment covered baking sheet, and flatten lightly. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven or until the tops are golden brown. Remove and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold with or without jam.